Subject: Re: Motif and Java
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1995 18:57:49
Randy Terbush wrote:
> The biggest obstacle to the effort seems to be getting Motif.
> It seems that Xinside has decided not to provide Motif for NetBSD.

I'm not sure that they have decided not to provide it - just that
there seems to be little interest in such a thing.  In email a month
or so back they claimed that I was the first to ask for NetBSD
support.  In a phone call last week, I was told by the salesman at X
Inside that a NetBSD version would come if there was enough demand for
it (and for Open GL too).

If you want commercial support for NetBSD, we can't just sit back and
hope that some company is going to suddenly discover us - we have to
let these companies know that we want their product supported on
NetBSD and then to back that up with real purchases.

So pop off an email today to X-Inside and let them know that we want
Motif on NetBSD and maybe they'll do it.

--
Dave Cornejo                                             Dogwood Media
                                                   Fremont, California