Subject: Re: root-fs problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1995 00:42:18
Hi Eric,

> > The question is, is this a `well known' limitation? If so,
> > wouldn't it be more appropriate if some error message, like
> > "no suitable root" were displayed?
>
> I've got a 512/4096 backup root fs and I can use it no problem.

In the mean time I discovered, that I'm running in all sorts of
problems with 512/4096 ffs, not only with the backup root. Since
it works fine for you I suppose the crashes are caused by some
port specific bug(s).

> 2 questions:
>
> 1) is /dev propulated? (I use dump/restore; does pax do devices properly?)

Yep, pax does copy devices.

> 2) is /etc/fstab proper? (ie mounts root from the 2nd root, not the 1st)

Yes, fstab is fine.

But thanks for your response, at least I know now where I won't have to
look for bugs.

Waldi