Subject: None
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <azcb0@uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1995 04:02:07
Whilst everyone's talking about CD-ROMs, I'd just like to say

(a) many thanks to all who made 1.1 happen

and

(b) my wife's company, Westley Computing, are selling gold CD-ROMs
with NetBSD 1.1 on them, amongst others.  More information can be
obtained from:

	info@westley.demon.co.uk.

One difference is that you can choose what you want on the CD-ROM, so
if you don't want the pc532 binaries for example, we'll leave them
off, and put something else in their place (I'm not picking on pc532s,
but I'm aware that there aren't that many around).

There are a number of base distributions:
1.  NetBSD 1.1, with 170Mb of software ported to NetBSD, and a
complete CVS tree going back to early June 1995.
2.  FreeBSD 2.1, with its ports and packages collection
3.  The `Operating System' CD, with 4.4lite, flexmach, freebsd, hurd,
linux, mach, nachos, netbsd bits, osfmach3, rcos, sprite, vsta and
xkernel

and a number of `other bits':
RFCs, tcl/tk archives from ftp.aud.alcatel.com, postgres95 stuff,
X11R6pl13 sources, python etc

but you can specify anything you want burned onto CD-ROM.

And if anyone is prisoner behind a low-speed modem, and would like
monthly updates to the -current versions of the Operating Systems
listed above, please get in touch.

Price: UKL 15.00

Sorry for the commercials, back to your normal ELF diatribes,
Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)                    +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.