Subject: Re: offer: custom CDROMs of netbsd
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1995 18:45:22
I think this would be very nice of you, and I for one would probably get
one, though with a mac, having binaries would make it truly useful since
there is be no miniroot.

It would be a nice feature if the CD had some source for applications and
utilities known to compile under NetBSD if there is room after the source
tree and binaries for the various platforms.

A very generous offer Dave, Thanks.

Brad

>        I'd like to offer to write people CDROM's of netbsd1.1.  Keep
>in mind that I'm not offering particular expertise in the creation of
>special bootable or whatnot CDs.  Simply put, our company has a CDROM
>writer that I can use after work.  I will make reasonable efforts to
>make CDs bootable --- if my equipment supports it and someone sends me
>code.
>
>        What can you use these for?  Well... you can make more space
>on your hard drive having source offline, etc.  You can install with
>them (possibly requiring a miniroot of somesort).
>
>        Anyways, I'm willing to cut CDs for about $30 Cdn.  These will
>be one-off CDs that would include binaries and source for your NetBSD
>platform.  Space permitting, I'd be happy to lump on some GNU software
>as well.  I'll have to add shipping to that and I'd prefer that you
>send me Canadian $$.  Postal shipping to the US is on the order of
>$1.50 to $2.00 Cdn, I'm told.  FedEx is about $15.00
>
>        Just in case you're wondering, the raw CDs are about $15.00
>Cdn.  I'm not trying to make a bundle, but my time is worth
>something.
>
>        If someone deems it appropriate to post this to the announce
>list, they are welcome to.
>
>Dave.
>
>--
>|David Gilbert, PCI, Richmond Hill, Ontario.  | Two things can only be     |
>|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
>|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Fax    (716) 262-3906

Rochester, NY 14614                           Home   (716) 377-4624