Subject: nfs client hangs 1.1_ALPHA server (5 days short of release)
To: None <cgd+nfs-testers@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1995 23:22:28
Hej!
I get the following:
./mhdoc
grinding...
nfs server zappa:/usr/src: not responding

wiht systems:
zappa# uname -a
NetBSD zappa.unna.Ping.DE 1.1_ALPHA NetBSD 1.1_ALPHA (ZAPPA) #38: Mon Nov 20
21:36:48 MET 1995     oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/Z
APPA i386
zippo# uname -a
NetBSD zippo 1.1 NetBSD 1.1 (ZIPPINST) #5: Fri Dec  1 21:03:27 MET 1995
root@zippo:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/ZIPPINST i386

if I interrupt the hangin process, all is fine.
All other nfs activities seem to hang utlil that is done.
If I restart the server, the client wakes upo an all is fine again.
If I use a fresh server, then this will not occur.

Is this a problem in the stock server or in the 64bit-client?
Anyone else seeing this?
Anyone wanting access to both systems (they are on a dialup 64kb link that is
only triggered from this side, so the connection has to be opened manually by
me) ?

Gruesse
	Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.