Subject: Re: pstat -s/-T not accurate?
To: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trouble Free RecepPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1995 12:10:03
#define AUTHOR "is@Beverly.Rhein.DE (is@Beverly.Rhein.DE)"

/*
 * proprietor - Foo Bar And Grill (jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com) wrote:
 * : Greetings.  This may be sparc-specific but, unless I get feedback to that
 * : effect, I will assume that this is not the case.
 * :
 * : PRELIMINARIES:
 * :
 * : 	Machine:	SS2, 48MB of physmem, though /kern/physmem reports
 *
 * hehe... and you assume you need swapspace? What shall we say, who
 * started NetBSD with 8 MB, and upgraded to 12?

(hey, give me a break -- it's a machine from work.)

You mean to tell me that we're just using physmem until it's full and *then*
start swapping/paging, without preallocating backing store (like StunOS)?

Cool.  I _like_ that idea.

Is there a way to tell how much _memory_ I'm actually using?
(Okay, so I'm clue-free.  It's been a year since I've had a working NetBSD
machine!)

 *
 * : 			12254, so I have to wonder...is this in pages (4k)
 * : 			or kbytes?
 * Pages.
 *
 * Regards,