Subject: Re: Compaq Deskpro 5/90XL with NetBSD 1.1?
To: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1995 10:59:34
Mike Long writes:
> >From: "Walker, Tom" <tom.walker@labatt.com>

> This is an AMD (0x1022) 53C974 (0x2020) SCSI chip.
> It's not recognized because, AFAIK, there is no *BSD driver for it.

And if there was a driver, it would be in the INSTOTH disk, not the
INSTADP disk. The instructions I wrote say, in many, many places, that
the only SCSI controllers supported on the INSTADP disk are the
ADaPtec controllers. We had to split the disks both because of probe
incompatibilities and space problems.

> If anyone wants to fill in some of the "unknown vendor/product" bits,
> there is a (nearly) complete list of PCI vendor/product codes at
> <URL:http://www.halcyon.com/htbin/pcicode>.

That would be double plus cool for someone to do!

.pm