Subject: Re: Misc things on pre1.1
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1995 16:09:50
> Quoting Jonathan Stone,
>
> > There's also the NFSv3 for 4.4bsd, which Rick Macklem reworked into FreeBSD.
> > Having that would be, mm, nice.
>
> The last beta I saw of that was for NetBSD 1.0 and FreeBSD 2.0R, but this was
> in March I think. I also remember Chris saying that he thought about integrating
> it, but that it had to be made 64-bit safe. Combined with Chris' Call For
> Testers on 64-bit NFS code, I sure hope this means that we're getting closer
> to having it in the tree. It would be very nice.

I have not integrated rick's Lite-2 changes, and do not plan to.

I was putting off making a push to integrate my 64-bit NFS code until
the Lite2 changes were integrated into the master sources.  However,
i've heard no schedule or plan for doing that, so i'm going to
get them integrated as soon as i feel comfortable doing so, and i'm
going to let whoever integrates the new NFS code worry about the
64-bit problem.

I can't wait forever on changes that aren't apparently planned...

chris