Subject: Re: Misc things on pre1.1
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1995 08:23:25
On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
>
> >Hubert Feyrer writes:
> >> - What's the status of the Log-File-System (lfs). Is it still broken
> >>   (as it was with 1.0, the last release i've installed before ;-).
> >
> >I have never heard tell of a functioning lfs. If anyone knows of one...
>
> Margot Seltzer has  a log-based filesystem that supposedly "just works".
> I don't recall off-hand if it's been dropped into FreeBSD; given
> Margot's group's leanings, the code is possibly written for BSDI.

Actually, Margo's got a functioning LFS for 4.4BSD-Lite. There have been
some relatively recent patches; I don't know if they ever were integrated
into NetBSD though. I suspect that at some point they will since she's
planning to do filesystem work on NetBSD once the Sun4m port is working...

Look for the sources/patches somewhere off of
http://www.das.harvard.edu/users/faculty/Margo_Seltzer/usenix.195.html

--Aaron

--
Aaron B. Brown