Subject: None
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1995 02:26:14
> Hubert Feyrer writes:
> > - What's the status of the Log-File-System (lfs). Is it still broken
> >   (as it was with 1.0, the last release i've installed before ;-).
>
> I have never heard tell of a functioning lfs. If anyone knows of one...

What happened to Margo Seltzer's fixes to lfs that are in lite2?  And
if the lfs wasn't working, how come Seltzer and John Ousterhout had a
run-in over the performance of lfs compared to clustered ffs?  I
believe there are pointers to the conversation from Ousterhout's web
page.

> > - There's no catman... would be handy to have around at some times.
>
> There are sources to a catman in /usr/src/usr.sbin/catman, but for
> some reason the Makefile in /usr/src/usr.sbin does not include it on
> the list of build targets. Perhaps someone could answer why...

(cd /usr/src/share/man ; make makedb)

Cheers,
Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)                    +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.