Subject: (Finally) succes building gcc 2.7.1
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Dante <rdante@garlic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1995 00:07:33
Well I finally got gcc2.7.1 built. Thanks to all who said it could be done
with no problems with stock tools.  It looks like my stock cc was broken.
I've built the world many times with no problems but must've perpetuated
something ill.  Using the a comp.tar.gz tarball let me build 2.7.1 with
no problems (well there was a problem building stage 3 (?!!) yesterday but
it didn't pop up when I started fresh today.   I bet I've got some bad memory
or something. I've got 16 megs of 1X9's on 4 30 to 72 pin adaptors that I
carried over from my old 386.  Have to run the bus at 25 Mhz instead of 33
or everything breaks. Bummer,  but I digress

Rick Dante
rdante@garlic.com