Subject: How do you get /dev/audio to play stereo?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1995 16:47:11
I'm running NetBSD/i386 with a SoundBlaster 16 and can't figure out how
to get stereo output out of /dev/audio. I've made the AUDIO_SETINFO ioctl
to change the number of channels to 2, but when I write to the device, it
sounds like mono to me :) I guess what I want to know is what format the
data I write needs to be in. Right now, I'm writing out interleaved left
sample/right sample... should I be doing something else?

Thanks!
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 19 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++