Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 Release has been delayed until Friday Nov. 24th
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
From: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1995 09:59:08
On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Nov 1995 20:07:26 -0500
>  "John F. Woods" <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com> wrote:
>
>  > I would just like to take the opportunity to congratulate and thank the
>  > entire NetBSD team for their hard work on NetBSD 1.1, late or not.
>
> And those who have been working on it appreciate the thanks.  I can't
> speak for the rest ... but, John, you've made my day.  This makes all the
> late nights worth it.

I agree!  NetBSD 1.1 will be the first version that I'm going to be using
on three different platforms (Amiga, Mac, and SPARC) since 1.0 was a
little flaky for me, I decided that all of the improvements rolled in to
1.1 would be worth the delay.  From early indications, I don't think I
will be disappointed...

Anyway, keep up the good work!  I should also point out that the latest
FreeBSD release was delayed from June until November (each month, they
would say it was going to be released the subsequent month!) so if NetBSD
1.1 is ONLY late by one week, I won't be upset in the slightest!!!

---Jake