Subject: Re: Off topic... help wanted anyway (scsi formatting)
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1995 00:35:54
On Nov 15,  9:06pm, "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" wrote:
}
} If you have a BusLogic, call their Tech Support.  They have some
} undocumented entry points in the ROM that can do various exercises.
} I'm not sure if this one is included or not.  I remember having one of
} their techs have me call an undocumented ROM entrypoint and it had the
} card do non-stop busmaster DMA tests overnight, once, when I was
} having some problems.

     The DMA test appears at <ROM base>:9.  It's on Adaptec boards as
well.  I seem to recall seeing it documented somewhere, but I can't
recall where (having worked as a technician for several years, I've
read a lot of manuals).  This test has nothing to do with disks, and
is more a test of your motherboard.

}-- End of excerpt from "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com"