Subject: Re: du not working in /etc/remote
To: VaX#n8 <vax@cs.utexas.edu>
From: Tom Pavel <PAVEL@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1995 20:02:20

> I also think the manpage for "cu" and "tip" should mention how they differ,
> just in case you're an admin trying to figure out which one to use; it would
> be nice to know that "cu" is an interface to "tip" :)

On my system, "cu" is not the one from /usr/src/usr.bin/tip.  It's from
/usr/src/gnu/libexec/uucp/cu.  In other words, "cu" is the UUCP cu,
not the tip cu...  Even the man pages are straight now (i.e. the tip
man page doesn't mention "cu" anymore).

BTW, I thought that cu did the clocal thing ok.  I just checked, and
it seems that have the "local" in my /etc/ttys just for good measure,
so I can't say definatively, but I could swear that cu used to work
for me even before I put that in (for whatever reason which now
escapes me...).

Tom Pavel

Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
pavel@slac.stanford.edu                 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~pavel/