Subject: Re: fastboot?
To: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1995 21:12:27
> In message <199511101558.KAA08196@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>, der Mouse writes:
> >If the NetBSD clean flag were more like what I've had described to me
> >under some DEC systems, where a filesystem will be cbecked every so
> >often even when marked clean, I might relent...("so often" being
> >passage of time, mount count, operation count, whatever, and must be
> >tunable per-filesystem).
>
> This is true of Linux/ext2fs' fsck, though I believe it's hard coded
> against mount count.  It's quite a bit more reassuring then NetBSD or SunOS'
> clean flags.

I argued for something like that, when Charles was thinking about how
the code should work.  (One of the metrics i proposed was mount count,
another was time since last fsck.)  If no such thing is there, then:

	(1) I guess either my suggestions were ignored, or somebody
		thought they weren't a good idea, or

	(2) I'd call it a bug.  8-)

chris