Subject: Re: mount: Operation not supported by device...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1995 18:42:19
Peter Seebach writes:
> What's this?  I have a November 5 kernel, nov 6 mount_*, and I suddenly
> can't mount any ffs systems.  I had to copy the old mount to a floppy
> to recover.
>
> Did I miss something?

Its not clear what part of the process you may have hit, but yes,
there was a transition of the name of the file system from ufs to
ffs. I must admit that I didn't follow exactly what was being done,
but the following things worked for me: you probably want sup and
build a new kernel and sup and build a new mount_* set. You might also
want to rename things in /etc/fstab from ufs to ffs. In fact, given
how close we are to the wire with the whole release, this would likely
be a good time to sup and build everything; future changes to the tree
are likely to be small until release...

Perry