Subject: Re: booting i386 machines diskless?
To: None <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1995 12:55:38
> Duh, I can offer you sources for a system we built and use here locally at
> Erasmus that can boot anything you like. The code is layered to the example

That would be great - perhaps you could put those up for ftp?

> - requires DOS to compile

There is an x86 16-bit assembler and linker under linux; if anyone
comes up with a reasonable x86 16-bit C compiler, a lot of things
would be easier.

The main reason I mentioned the c.o.l.a posting was that they were
actually *selling ROMS* in single quantity. If you have a room full of
machines, the incremental cost of an EPROM burner isn't much, but it's
not practical for one-offs, as far as I am aware.
			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens