Subject: Re: ps hangs?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1995 00:33:04
> Does anyone else see ps hang occasionally?  The system continues running fine,
> ps uses lots of CPU time, and it just stops partway (about 2/3rds, for me,
> most often, but seems random) through a listing.  You can ^C it and
> everything is fine.

Yes, I'm also seing this. As Jason Thorpe reports that he doesn't see it
and he doesn't use Amigas this makes me think that this is maybe
a NetBSD/amiga problem (I'm running NetBSD/amiga on an A2000 with IVS
Vector/030).

The problem started sometime in 1.0A when there was a bigger change
in "ps" (or was it libkvm, I don't remember exactly what it was).

It always happens when there is much disk activity and when ps slows
down. And I also don't know why there is a disk access after EVERY
SINGLE line that ps prints.

Blaz

--
  Blaz Zupan, Ljubljanska 19/b, 62000 Maribor, Slovenia
        blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si, blaz@boing.jump.org