Subject: Re: SUP time stamps
To: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/1995 11:57:22

   >From: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate.cais.com>
   >Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 09:15:26 -0500 (EST)
   >
   >Last night from Oct 31 22:34 EST and Nov 1 1:50 EST the NetBSD sup resupped
   >all my sources, eventhough I had supped on Oct 29. I figured that it was
   >because the sup server source had changed and the last time I had compiled sup
   >was Oct 24. That was Ok.

   No, the age of the sup binary is irrelevant.

   >So this morning Nov 1, I recompiled and installed the SUP from last night.
   >Then I did another SUP to see if anything else had changed.
   >SUP sent me a message saying it was resupping Changes since Oct 31 08:54
   >I am on Easter Standard Time, so what don't I understand???
   >Normally the time it tells me is the same as the time stamp on the files,
   >right?

did sup say it was "Updating" or "Receiving" the files ?  if it says
that it is updating, it just means that sup is noting that this file
is already upto date, *NOT* that it is downloading it again.  if it
says it is receiving, then, it is actually downloading the file.  i
just supped a couple of hours ago and i got everything updating, but
very few receiving.

.mrg.