Subject: Re: SUP time stamps
To: None <leland@freetocreate.cais.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1995 14:17:17
>From: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate.cais.com>
>Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 09:15:26 -0500 (EST)
>
>Last night from Oct 31 22:34 EST and Nov 1 1:50 EST the NetBSD sup resupped
>all my sources, eventhough I had supped on Oct 29. I figured that it was
>because the sup server source had changed and the last time I had compiled sup
>was Oct 24. That was Ok.

No, the age of the sup binary is irrelevant.

>So this morning Nov 1, I recompiled and installed the SUP from last night.
>Then I did another SUP to see if anything else had changed.
>SUP sent me a message saying it was resupping Changes since Oct 31 08:54
>I am on Easter Standard Time, so what don't I understand???
>Normally the time it tells me is the same as the time stamp on the files,
>right?

AFAIK, the times saved in the sup's when.* files (and reported by
'sup -t') are the times that supscan was last run for each collection
on the server.

Note also that all timestamps are kept in Zulu (Greenwich) time.  The
offset for the local timezone is added or subtracted when the
timestamp is printed or set.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));