Subject: Playing Audio CDs under NetBSD/sparc!
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1995 08:34:12
It makes me very very happy to be able to announce that myself and
Matthew Green, yesterday got audio cds to play from NetBSD/sparc. xmcd
version-2 has NetBSD support and after creating the new cd devices
from MAKEDEV and selecting /dev/rcd0c I could play audio cds through my
cd player! This was the last reason to use SunOS on a sparc in my opinion :-)
and was nearly the reason I once gave up on NetBSD/sparc, at the time I
got into NetBSD/sparc the only cd player I had was on the sparc and playing
cds was a a must. Anyway xmcd 2 is under beta test and is due for release soon.
I am a beta tester and I will forward the needed changes to the authour to
make this work under NetBSD/sparc. I'll be trying xmcd under NetBSD/i386
as soon as I can build a kc-aha disk [anyone got one ?] and rebuild my PC.

This is truly a breakthrough!

Regards,
Neil.

--  neil@domino.org                     Domino: In the glow of the night.  --