Subject: Re: sup hell
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1995 22:45:58
> I supped on Saturday night.  Sunday I had to re-get the whole tree.  Later
> on Sunday I again had to reget the whole tree.
>
> I think the timestamps got reset on Monday as well, but I'm not sure.  I
> realize NetBSD is a volunteer effort, of course ... I'm just curious if
> there is some problem that is being looked into, or perhaps will be fixed
> soon.

Hmmm...  This is the first I've heard of the problem.  Thanks for
reporting it.

I believe that the ftp/sup area was shuffled around a bit in order to
bring more disk space on line for the 1.1 release, and the timestamps
were accidently not preserved.  And since sup uses timestamps for
determining whether file(s) need to be updated... bad things happen.

Sorry about this, we're not purposely trying to screw everyone over.
I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again when the 9GB drive is
returned and is put back into service.

	--jtc