Subject: Re: Hesiod thoughts
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@telstra.com.au>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1995 15:45:08
> With nsswitch.conf, the following issues would be resolved:
> - the NetBSD-specific hacks to resolv.conf to implement 'lookup' are
>   unnecessary, and therefore we'd have no reason to not to got to
>   BIND 4.9.3 when it's not beta.

Actually, I did a version of that logic for 4.9.3BETA17, and I seem to
recall Vixie saying it would be included in the next version (ie
something after 4.9.3BETA17), I've not yet checked whether this
actually happened.  I've been using the lookup files,bind stuff in
resolv.conf on SunOS machines for quite a while - no complaints.

Of course, I like the nsswitch stuff too.

--sjg