Subject: Re: PCVT beep changes pitch in 3.32
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1995 20:14:25
>From the keyboard of Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com:
>
> I got used to the sound of the beep while running 3.00 all those
> months.  Now, with 3.32, the beep is a noticably lower frequency, yet
> the PCVT_SYSBEEPF variable is exactly the same number in both the old
> and new configuration headers.  And, I have never defined it myself in
> the config file.  I want the old sound back!

The old (3.00) way of calculating the beep values was simply wrong, i think
the patch was provided by Thomas Eberhard who discovered this for NetBSD.

The place where this took place is in pcvt_ext.c around line 2858 (3.32
version of this file), as far as i remeber, the KDMKTONE case had no
NetBSD special version in 3.00, this is the place to change things to
suit your needs.

Hope this helps a bit,
hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
                       "There are lies, damn lies, and open systems." (unknown)