Subject: ipcrm build fails
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Dante <rdante@garlic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1995 22:05:14
Please excuse my ignorance.

This one's been plaging me for a long time.  Every time the Makefile for
ipcrm gets touched ipcrm won't build until I remember that I have to add this
to the Makefile:

originial:

#       $Id: Makefile,v 1.5 1994/12/22 12:29:59 cgd Exp $

PROG=   ipcrm

.include <bsd.prog.mk>

changed to:

#       $Id: Makefile,v 1.5 1994/12/22 12:29:59 cgd Exp $

LDSTATIC=
PROG=   ipcrm

.include <bsd.prog.mk>

If I don't set LDSTATIC to nothing then I get this message when ipcrm trys
to build:

gcc -O -m486  -c ipcrm.c
gcc  -static -o ipcrm ipcrm.o
semctl.o: Undefined symbol `_semsys' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

For some reason that I forget I have setenv LDSTATIC -static at the end
of my .cshrc.  FOr seo
For some reason that I'm ignorant of I need to turn this off for ipcrm to
build.   Are there any bugs here  or are the bugs just in my brain?

Rick Dante
rdante@garlic.com