Subject: Re: SUP still has (minor) problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@scofflaw.banyan.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1995 17:11:51
In message <199510161700.NAA00751@scofflaw.banyan.com>, *I* write:

-> Folks:
-> 	I've mostly updated the sources on my NetBSD machine, but I am still
-> 	seing problems with current-src.  I have attempted this several times,
-> 	and keep getting an "invalid message count -1", each time in the ed
-> 	sources (although I'm not sure it it's always the same file...).

	Well, thanks to some re-tries (it did progress past "ed," but would
	invariably get hung up some [usually short] time later), and some
	hints from folks, I think I am now happy....

	For some reason, the "invalid message count -1" can be avoided by
	using compressed transfer (I thought someone had previously claimed
	that compression didn't work...), ie by using the "-z" flag.  Thanks
	to Gary Duzan for the hint.

	[It isn't done yet, but it's transferred a good chunk... I'm now in
	 src/sbin]

						--rafal