Subject: sup: invalid release....
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik M. Theisen <etheisen@TECLink.Net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1995 13:50:47
I took about 40 minutes last night debugging the dreaded 'invalid
release' SUP error while supping to 'sup.netbsd.org'.  It appears
that someone smashed the following symlink:

	'/a/anon_ftp/pub/sup->/a/anon_ftp/sup'

If you set your hostbase temporarily to '/a/anon_ftp/pub', you
should be able to 'sup'.  I got a clean sup this morning using this
hack.

It should be noted that date/time stamps aren't being preserved
correctly on sup.netbsd.org so you'll probably end up recieving
every damn file AGAIN.

DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT A SYSADMIN ON sup.netbsd.org AND NOT AFFILATED
WITH THEIR OPERATION SO PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME.

Ciao,
Erik