Subject: Build problems with latest sup
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/1995 11:47:42
Sup from 10/9/95, off the new sup server (completed all parts).

1) If I try to build a kernel, while auto-configuring, it panics.  I
get the message "panic: not bloody likely" after it finds the last
SCSI drive, and before it prints the message that it's probing the
"wd" IDE drive.  I don't know if it's dying in the SCSI probe or the
WD probe.  (I have one IDE drive and three SCSI drives connected to a
BT747s.)

2) When I try to do a clean build in /sys/ I get:

ld -Bstatic -e start -N -T 0 -o boot start.o table.o boot.o asm.o bios.o io.o disk.o sys.o version.o lib/kern/libkern.o
io.o: Definition of symbol `_strcmp' (multiply defined)
lib/kern/libkern.o: Definition of symbol `_strcmp' (multiply defined)

Is this state of the system in flux?  Has anyone else seen anything
like this?

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...