Subject: Re: Error on ftp.introl.com
To: Out of his mind <tv@pobox.com>
From: Richard Pennington <rich@introl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/1995 23:02:04

> I have lost the e-mail address to the introl.com maintainer, and I've
> found one pretty obvious problem on the server.
>
> In path /NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 archive  5000  549757901186 Sep 30 07:21 usr.sbin.tar.gz
>
> Did NetBSD really get this big? (grin)
>
> =====
> == Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com): In cyberspace no one can hear you scream. ==
> === Plug: I do freelance C/Perl *IX programming and WWW design. E-mail me ===
> === Vierling's Law: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted. ===

We've had a few instances of this over the past month. We are running
NetBSD-(relatively)current on the sup server. Where do these huge files(!?)
come from?
The SCSI disk that this archive is on is old, (a full height 5" drive!) and
may be the culprit.
I'd like to get this problem fixed, I'd also like one of OUR sup's to
succeed. (Where are those privilegded ports when you need them?)
Anyone have any suggestions?

Rich
--
Richard Pennington		Introl Corporation, Milwaukee, WI USA
Email: rich@introl.com		Phone: +1 414-273-6100	Fax: +1 414-273-6106