Subject: Re: sup-server brokenness...
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/1995 12:15:51
> >It would probably be a good idea to either:
> >a) Give mirror-site sups precedence, and/or
>
> As far as I know, *official* mirrors have always had unrestricted
> access through a different (confidential) sup port.  They don't
> compete with users for connections.  We certainly did at
> ftp.iastate.edu (but we only mirrored, we didn't serve sup
> connections).  Sup mirrors should be up to date by now if they were
> configured correctly to begin with.

Well that WAS the case but on sup.netbsd.org,
that port is not available instead it is using the old
standard second port which is clogged up by everyone capbable
of reading sup.1.

I have mailed postmaster@sup.netbsd.org on this and I have NOT
received any response.

Why postmaster@sup.netbsd.org ? Because to date I have not
heard a statement as to who is in charge of the supping there.

Cheerio
btw I have now had 3 transfers of "allsrc" break halfway....

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"