Subject: Re: SCSI probe on cdrom drive a little off in current
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1995 20:51:56
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>  wrote:
 > Mine (a Toshiba drive on an NCR controller -- i386 machine) does the
 > same. It also has the interesting property that it does not appear
 > that the mechanisms to eject the drive with ioctls work in the
 > standard way, although I have to research this more. Anyone else
 > notice this?

Not I.

ncr0 targ 4 lun 0: <TOSHIBA, CD-ROM XM-3401TA, 3593> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
cd0 at scsibus0cd0(ncr0:4:0): 250ns (4 Mb/sec) offset 8.
: cd present, 243950 x 2048 byte records

(The CD that's in there is a music one. And after rebuilding 'workman' from
sources rather than using the package, the eject worked flawlessly).

It'd be cool if someone made the new version of workman 'work' under
NetBSD such that we could read the audio data off of CD's.  I glanced
at it and it seemed like we'd have to add some stuff into sys/scsi/cd.c,
and cdio.h...

Anyway, it wasn't going to be me...