Subject: SCSI probe on cdrom drive a little off in current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Dante <rdante@garlic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1995 01:07:28
This has been nagging me for some time and since we're approaching a release
it should probably be fixed (it just looks bad).

On bootup my cdrom drive is always reported as being empty whether there is
a disk in it or not.  And then the driver has the gall to report the same
cdrom drive on LUNS 1-7.   This has been happening since I upgraded to
current in july.   1.0 could correctly identify a disk being present and
correctly established that only one LUN is used.  This hasn't had any effect
that I can tell on my actual use of the cdrom drive.

It's a Chinon 525  with a BusLogic 956C.

Also I ask, is the buslogic driver taking advantage of the PCIness of my
956C or is my 956C being used simply in ISA emulation mode?  When I upgraded
to SCSI things weren't as fast as I expected, so I wonder about this.

Rick Dante
rdante@garlic.com