Subject: Re: Yet another BSD, is it necessary?
To: Niklas Hallqvist <us3rmc::niklas@appli.se>
From: Mark Garrett <mark@nonull.sno.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/1995 12:24:44

> Well If I hear nothing, I will accept the fact that people want Theo
> to start a new project.  But do you?

	Well, I read it. And ?
You have got to be joking! I haven't heard such a self indulgent, arrogant,
load of childish crap in a long time!
	Please go and get some sleep it usually opens ones focus to the broad
light of day. I know I personal become a pain in the bum and irrational with
sleep depravation.
	I personal do not want any code that comes so conditionally. So many
people have contributed to make various BSD system available I find it totally
unreasonable to behave as if the world revolves around any one individual.

	I'm not surprised that "core" has left Theo out in the cold. I would
say they have been tolerant. I would have just told him to go away and get a
life, else where!
	Some where I read in all of this that we need more people like Theo,
xxxBSD and the world at large need a whole lot less people like Theo!

	Well, that's what I think of Theo's side of the store.

	I chose the NetBSD base after aborting my own half backed port of BSD4.4
Lite because I saw that there was the appearance at least of some control.
I have seen and felt the results of some ill advised code changes, so keep up
the good work. The work is not perfect, I never expected it to be, but its a
hole lot more disciplined than the other ports running around. We certainly
don't need another one!

	Cheers
		Mark :)

--
Mark Garrett email: mark@nonull.enet.dec.com    Phone: +61 2 561 5255
 Open Systems Consultant                          Disclaimer: I don't speak for