Subject: Re: SUP is failing...
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/05/1995 14:21:08

>> You should be able to find one closer to the west coast, though.

John> I always hear that phrase in relation to FTP servers and the
John> like.  But I'll note that in getting packets from my home in
John> Boxborough MA to where I work in Westborough MA, a 20 mile trip
John> as the crow flies, usually involves a trip through Washington
John> DC, and there was one week when the furthest router was in San
John> Francisco...

Similarly, from our company in Richmond Hill, Ontario, to any of the
local educational institutions requires a trip through Washington,
WestOrange, NorthRoyalton, Chicago and then back up to Ontario for a
total of over 20 hops.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |