Subject: Re: TTYs and 7E1
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1995 21:03:56
> BTW, I've historically been infuriated on a regular basis by sgtty.
> It's not that it's just NetBSD that acts this way.

Well...speaking personally, I've used systems that supported sgtty and
nothing else, and systems that supported termio/termios and nothing
else, and systems that try to do both.  In my experience, only the
third sort have any trouble.

(What sort of trouble?  Well, to pick some examples from SunOS, since
that's the system I know best at present, using TIOCSTI to push back
the literal-next character simply does not work (it somehow
literal-nexts itself), and the dsusp character doesn't perform the
delayed-suspend action - it appears to do nothing, as if the dsusp
character were nothing but a place to stash a random character for
rlogin.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu