Subject: panics from lms driver
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@owl.dol-esa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1995 12:35:26
Hi,

I still get occasional panics from the lms driver.  The pathway goes:

lmsintr() -> b_to_q() -> bcopy() -> panic()

Do you think it would make sense to put spltty() / splx() around the
b_to_q() in lmsintr()?  I just did it to my system and the mouse still
works, but the panic doesn't happen very often so I'm not sure if it
fixed anything.

The panic usually happens during heavy loads.  The last time I was
running editres on a fair sized Xt app while NFS was serving a
diskless sun that was rebuilding usr.bin.

The time before I was scrolling Netscape while compiling the kernel
locally.

Seems to me that if lmsintr() got into b_to_q() twice at the same time
it would be a mess.

~Ken