Subject: Re: -current mkdep failure
To: None <bryan@bwyan.anu.edu.au>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1995 14:04:10

>> In 1.0, there were config and config.new which indeed uses
>> different syntaxes.  In -current config has been renamed to
>> config.old and config.new is now config.  The first thing to do
>> when doing a -current kernel is always to compile config (or
>> config.old, if the port uses it) unless you know you have kept
>> yourself up-to-date.

>> Niklas

bryan> So then I must also convert my config file to config.new
bryan> format.  Is this documented somewhere so i can do it?

Not that I know of.  I think your best bet is to look at GENERIC and
try to understand...  Ask away on current-users if you have specific
problems, chances are that your questions are common ones and can help
other understand as well when they see them answered.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden