Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 Release Plans
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@anarres.mame.mu.oz.au>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1995 11:22:44
> This is going to be a big commitment for designated "release
> engineer/s" and port masters, and means investing a lot more time in
> release-making work rather than development work, but it should be
> worth a lot to the user community. Thanks.

I hope that we won't be spending a lot more time in release-making
work, but rather investing the time to automate the process so  we
can crank out releases at will.

Enhancing the infrastructure so we can do this is going to take time,
which is why I'm allotting two months to the release cycle.  A year
from now I'd like to be down to less than six weeks.

	--jtc