Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 Release Plans
To: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@anarres.mame.mu.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1995 19:17:35
> > Since we have several major packages (GCC 2.7.x, ncurses, maybe BIND and
> > PCMCIA...  anything else?) waiting for integration, how about attempting
> > to do a 1.2 release focusing on these items, 2-3 months after 1.1 is
> > released?
>
> Good guess.  3-4 months is closer to the mark.
>
> Although it hasn't been discussed outside of the port-masters mailing
> list, the plan is to have a much more aggressive release schedule.

Fabulous! I withdraw my earlier request for ncurses, in this case.

This is going to be a big commitment for designated "release
engineer/s" and port masters, and means investing a lot more time in
release-making work rather than development work, but it should be
worth a lot to the user community. Thanks.

--
Dan.