Subject: SUP failing on ULTRIX?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Out of his mind <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1995 15:35:33
I don't know what's causing this problem, but it is incessantly annoying me.

I sup'd the full -current some time back to an ULTRIX machine, as it was
the only one at the time I could use with the space to hold it and that
would correctly compile and run sup. Now, I am trying to get the updated
sources indicated in the source-changes list. When I run sup, it
connects, transfers file lists, creates paths, but does not create the
actual files. The complete directory tree for all the updated files is
there, but not the files themselves.

Any clue as to what is causing this anomaly? As said before, it did
correctly retrieve the full sources when I had no
sup/current/(last,when).* files. It still does (checked with security
package). This is getting me almost to the point of hair-pulling...and I
don't feel like vacuuming today. :>

=====
== Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com): In cyberspace no one can hear you scream. ==
=== I remember the hopes, the fears, the successes, and the failures that ===
== brought us to the pinnacles of achievement today. -- essay "I Remember" ==
=== Vierling's Law: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted. ===