Subject: i386 hardware in current queries
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/1995 12:36:22
I'm buying a couple of i386 components and was wondering if anyone had
any recommendations before I complete my purchase.

1) I was about to buy a Gravis Ultrasound MAX card as a sound card --
   there is a NetBSD-current driver for it and it seems like the best
   card we have a driver for. Are there other cards people consider
   somehow superior that have driver support? Also, does anyone have a
   prefered vendor for the GUS MAX? I can't find anyone in computer
   shopper carrying them, though I haven't combed it very hard.

2) What do peole think of the BocaLAN PCI ethernet card? It seems
   cheap and there seems to be support for it -- anyone have any
   caveats?

3) Does anyone know if 16M 60ns EDO SIMMs are actually out yet? I'm
   getting conflicting reports, and my prefered vendor swears up and
   down that they aren't available (and that only 70ns are out), but
   other people claim that that they are in fact available. Anyone
   know the truth?

Perry