Subject: Re: Suggestion for an objectoriented ffs extension
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Captech) <greywolf@aahz.VAS.viewlogic.com (James Graham>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1995 10:51:02
#: From owner-current-users@NetBSD.ORG Mon Sep 18 13:48:25 1995
#: Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 11:33:35 -0400
#: From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
#: To: current-users@NetBSD.ORG
#:
#: > imagine the following:

[horrid, mac/windows-like suggestion deleted :-)]

#: In short, it sounds good but I don't think it's possible to firm up the
#: semantics to the point of having an implementable spec, at least not
#: without completely redesigning lots of other filesystem semantics.

There is a God(dess).  Thank you.

It's an interesting idea, to say the least, but implementation details
aside, you *can* do something like that, except that you must implement
it in wetware, i.e., this is what we were given brains for: to write
file specs and magic numbers, and shell/perl scripts to sort out the
whole mess.  It's a trivial operation if you want to implement it in
user code.  Really.

				--*greywolf;

#:
#: 					der Mouse