Subject: Re: Strange Behavior from sl0 & lo0 in -current
To: None <dmaddox@scsn.net>
From: Michael Susaeg <mike@stud.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 09/15/1995 11:08:53
On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Donald J. Maddox wrote:

> System:
>         NetBSD 1.0a (RHIANNON) #48: Thu Sep 14 17:56:58 EDT 1995
>         dmaddox@rhiannon.scsn.net:/usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/compile/RHIANNON
>
>         Running binaries from Aug 20 Amiga snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
>
>    Ever since the 950702 binary snapshot, I have been experiencing some
> rather strange behavior from my network interfaces.  My network
> connection is dynamic SLIP via a local ISP.  I usually use BSDDip-1.02 to
> start it up, but even if I use tip to dial, and configure the interfaces
> by hand, I still have the same problem:

>     Does any of this make sense to any of you?  Has anybody else observed
> this behavior?

I have trouble using the PPP interface. I think the problem is with routing.
Connection comes up , and a dynamic IP-number is negotiated.
The problem starts when i try to use the network ' on the other side',
Ping reports "Network is down". Pinging my dynamically assigned IP is ok
though.
I saw a posting on comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc reporting problems
with ppp in the 950702 distribution . Post-date 7 September, Subject
"NetBSD-950702 questions...".
PPP has been working earlier ( Mars-april this year), so something must
have happened to route or some other network-code.

Is this just bad configuration , or is there a bug ?

Michael S