Subject: Re: libcurses/curses.h vs libterm/tputs.c
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/1995 17:34:17
In article <199509131308.XAA14322@puddin.highland.com.au> cagney@highland.com.au (Andrew Cagney) writes:
>Hello,
>
>(If this has been sorted out sorry, I don't often monitor current-users)
>
>When building the lib directory, I'm finding that the file:
>
>	libterm/tputs.c
>
>is dependant on the include file:
>
>	curses.h (in libcurses)
>
>Unfortunatly this include file is only installed (or updated) as part
>of the install process of the lib directory which occures _after_
>tputs.c is compiled.
>
>This problem only tends to be noticed building/installing from
>scratch.

I really hate that too. I would really appreciate it if someone made a
termcap.h header file and removed the termcap function declarations from
curses.h. I *just* want to be able to use the termcap functions without
having to include <curses.h> [and having the termcap function prototypes
available].

It would remove such ugliness from files like:

tput.c:

#undef ospeed
        extern short ospeed;

Curses.h has a gazillion #defines that make including it a pain...

christos