Subject: Re: Exabyte 8200 anyone?
To: the Riz <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: None <bachesta@angst.tera.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1995 15:47:39
> Is anyone successfully using an Exabyte 8200 8mm tape drive with *any*
> flavor of NetBSD?  I ask, because I've encountered a similar problem on two
> different platforms.

> The problem: after a short (up to 1 or 2 MB tops) amount of transfer, the
> entire machine hangs.  The platforms:

I'm running an an 8200 on two diffrent i486 machines. They both run
NetBSD 1.0. The one htat uses a "bt" controller installed w/o
a problem. The other machine has an "aic" controller and was a little
harder to get running. I had similar hang problems described. I was
able to get it to run by experimenting with the eight dip switches
on the daughter board within the 8200 unit. I bought the 8200 from
a company called CSC. They never told me what the dip switches did
cuz "its proprietary information". I can check what I have but I
suspect my 8200 EPROM is diffrent from yours and the switches may
not have the same function. I hope this helps.

Jim Bachesta
bachesta@tera.com