Subject: Re: Exabyte 8200 anyone?
To: the Riz <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1995 18:36:23
the Riz writes:
> Is anyone successfully using an Exabyte 8200 8mm tape drive with *any*
> flavor of NetBSD?  I ask, because I've encountered a similar problem on two
> different platforms.
>
> The problem: after a short (up to 1 or 2 MB tops) amount of transfer, the
> entire machine hangs.  The platforms:

I had an Exabyte running just fine under i386 before the buggy NCR
controller driver ate it. (Basically, when it reset the bus too many
times too quickly the tape jammed in it and I still haven't quite
figured out how to unjam it -- suggestions solicited!)

Its a sad story. However, yes, people have successfully run the
things.

Perry