Subject: Panic shutting down
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/1995 12:55:05
FYI... I think I've seen others report this on the list.  I just
thought I'd add my report...

Running current supped Sept. 5th.  Machine was running fine.  I just
rebuilt the entire system and installed, so was going to reboot.
Typed "shutdown -r now".  Waited...  Came back a little later and
looked on the console and saw:

	syncing disks... panic: vinvalbuf: dirty bufs

After doing a trace, it showed me:

	Debugger
	panic
	vinvalbuf
	spec_close
	ffs_unmount
	dounmount
	vfs_unmountall
	vfs_shutdown
	boot
	reboot
	syscall
	--- syscall (number 55) ---

This is a NICE Super-EISA, AMD 486DX2/80, 20MB RAM, 512k write-back
cache (yes it works correctly), BusLogic BT747s EISA SCSI controller,
two Quantum SCSI drives, a cheap IDE controller with a backup root on
the IDE drive (wasn't being used), etc....

Is this a known problem?  Should I send-pr this?

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...