Subject: Re: NetBSD setup for a 'semi-firewall'
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: R. H. Wood <dwood@rhw.pic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1995 07:02:32
According to Jon Buller:

> with DNS past using nslookup.  How do I set it up so that the PC532
> can lookup addresses on it's own server?  Do I put something bogus
> in /etc/resolv.conf: blank, 127.0.0.1?

Someone else with more knowledge than me can correct me if I'm wrong here,
but since your ISP's ip address isn't the one that's changing, wouldn't
the resolv.conf file on the NetBSD box simply need:

	nameserver <isp's ip addr>

I'm thinking of doing something similar down the road, so how about it
guru's ;-)  Am I "close" here?

Richard H. \X/ood                                        dwood@rhw.pic.net
246 Bancroft Drive,     Garland,  TX   75040    USA        +1 214 530 2595