Subject: Re: detecting -current versions
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1995 12:55:26
Hi

While one the subject... I'm reaching the stage where I can support a
source tree and a few goodies as a site here and was wondering if I can
post a binary snapshot?

This snapshot will be what we run on campus - so it 'should' be stable :-)
I will install from this image on the boxes around, so I can just as well
make it open on the ftp archive.

The problem is - the snapshot might exclude hardware that is in the
current INSTALL kernel. What is the view on this, as I see this snapshot
as NOT standard...

A note to the core/custodians, I'll be offically asking for recognition of
the ftp site once I get everything setup... the discussion just prompted
me to ask. :-)

et
--
Ernst J. du Toit (TED5)           Internet: ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za
School of Electrical Engineering  BELTEL  : 175250 / Amateur Radio: ZR1ABB